Are you 2015 compliant? Its now three months until the new Skills for Health rules come in to force on the 1st October 2015 and many of our instructors are already compliant or finishing the unit one of the assessing qualification where they need it. If you have not yet started getting compliant you need to look at this as soon as possible. If you have or are completing the Award in Education and Training then you will be compliant so the only thing you need to do is to finish the course and gain the certificate by 1st October this year.
These rules are laid down by the HSE and Skills for Health which must be followed. Please note that this applies to all FAW and EFAW courses not only the regulated options and it does not come into force until October 2015.
All tutors who hold either PTLLS Level 3 or PTLLS Level 4 (6 or 12 credits) will need to completed the qualification below as a minimum after October 2015 if they want to continue to teach FAW or EFAW courses.
- Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
Any tutors who already hold an Assessor Qualification listed below do not need to complete the above unit.
- A1 (D32 /D33) or A2 (D32)
- Level 3 Award in Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Vocationally Related Achievement
- ENB998 or Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Workplace
- Regulated qualifications based on the Learning and Development NOS 9 Assess Learner AchievementSQA Carryout the assessment process
- MPP (Mentorship preparation Program)
Tutors who hold any of the train the trainer qualifications below do not need to obtain an assessor qualification.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- CertEd / PGCE or CTLLS/DTLLS
- Further and Adult Education Teacher’s certificate
- IHCD Instructional Methods / IHCD Instructional Certificate
- TQFES/NVQ Level 3 and 4 in Training and Development
- Nursing mentorship qualifications or NOCN Tutor/Assessor Award
This document is based on information provided at this time.
For those of you who need to gain the additional unit, the easiest option is to complete the unit one module online. This is available as a 100% online course through ITG Instructor Training and results in the regulated qualification of HABC Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (QCF). This is the first module of the full Level 3 Award in Assessing. If you have any questions please call ITG Instructor Training on 01206 805380.