Customer service is overlooked in many companies. Regardless of the size of your business, exceptional customer service needs to be at the heart of your business in order to be successful. It is important to provide the highest standard of customer service to all types of customers, whether they be; potential, new or existing. Despite the fact it can take extra time, money and resources, customer service can create positive word-of-mouth for your business, keeping customers happy, reassuring them and convincing them to invest in your product/service repeatedly. Good customer service can help your business to develop and flourish.
This ProTrainings qualification is suitable for learners wishing to improve their knowledge of the importance of customer service including how to satisfy customers’ expectations. It is designed for learners who deal with customers on a daily basis as part of their job role and is applicable to a variety of work environments.
Please note that learners undertaking a ProTrainings Training Course have the option to choose to take a regulated qualification.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course comes with 3.0 hrs (6.0 class) of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 1 hours and 18 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
Occupations that can use this course:
- Sales companies
- Medical staff
- Reception staff
- 1. Understand the principles of customer service
- 1.1 Identify the purpose of customer service
- 1.2 Describe how customer service affects the success of an organisation
- 1.3 Identify the different types of customers an organisation may have
- 1.4 Identify the range of customer needs
- 1.5 Describe how effective teamwork impacts on customer service
- 2. Understand how customer needs and expectations are formed
- 2.1 Describe the purpose of an organisation’s service offer
- 2.2 Describe how customer expectations are formed
- 2.3 Describe the relationship between customer expectations and customer satisfaction
- 2.4 Identify why it is important to ensure effective customer relationships are maintained
- 2.5 Identify methods of obtaining customer feedback and why this is important
- 3. Know the interpersonal skills and appropriate behaviour required in the customer service environment
- 3.1 Identify different methods of communication
- 3.2 Describe the range of interpersonal skills required for effective customer service
- 3.3 Explain how non-verbal communication of the service deliverer can affect the behaviour of the customer
- 3.4 Describe how personal presentation, approach and attitude will influence the perception of the service delivered
- 3.5 Describe the appropriate behaviour and customer service skills required when using the telephone
- 3.6 Explain why it is important to ensure that the customer is informed and reassured at all stages
- 4. Understand the principles of responding to customers’ problems or complaints
- 4.1 Identify common causes of customer problems and complaints
- 4.2 Describe the importance of adapting methods of communication and behaviour to meet the individual needs of customers
- 4.3 Describe ways of handling difficult customer situations
- 4.4 Explain the importance of responding to customer service issues promptly