Forestry First Aid at Work Training is more extensive than standard first aid at work training as it includes additional subjects reflecting the higher risk environments and the likelihood of catastrophic injuries.
The HSE give some guidance on a first aid assessment due to the nature of forestry work. It should take account of:
- The nature of the work
- The history and consequences of injuries
- The nature and distribution of the workforce
- The remoteness of the site from the emergency services, including location, terrain and weather conditions
- Working on shared or multi-occupied sites
- Holidays and other absences of first aiders
- The presence of trainees and the public
- The possibility of medical conditions or allergies.
Please contact us for more information on forestry first aid at work training using our blended or face-to-face training nationally at your workplace.