Forestry First Aid at Work Training is at a higher level than standard first aid at work training as you need to have additional subjects reflecting on the higher risk environments and the likelihood of catastrophic injuries.
The HSE give some guidance on a first aid assessment due to the nature of foresty work it should take account of:
- The nature of the work
- The history and consequences of injuries
- The nature and distribution of the workforce
- The remoteness of the site from the emergency services, including location, terrain and weather conditions
- Working on shared or multi-occupied sites
- Holidays and other absences of first aiders
- The presence of trainees and the public
- The possibility of medical conditions or allergies.
For more information on forestry first aid at work training using our blended or face to face training nationally at your workplace please contact us.