Induction training in the care sector provides a valuable start to care workers new jobs. The problem has been to have a course that covers enough content to meet the standards in a flexible format. This ProTrainings course covers the eight standards using informative videos and when used with in work training and experience you can easily meet these standards.
Since 2010 the Common Induction Standards (CIS) have been a key part of the early training for all adult social care staff. The CIS 2010 replaced the CIS of 2005. The CIS are to be completed before or within 12 week from the start of the employment by the employee and they include several key areas. This course can be completed in one sitting or over a period of time nationally through our approved and monitored national network of instructors. Care managers need to ensure that employees have met all the standards.
We have built a classroom course and soon a video online course to meet these requirements for employees. The eight common induction standards are:
- Standard 1 – Role of the health and social care worker
- Standard 2 – Personal development
- Standard 3 – Communicate effectively
- Standard 4 – Equality and Inclusion
- Standard 5 – Principles for implementing duty of care
- Standard 6 – Principles of safeguarding in health and social care
- Standard 7 – Person centres support
- Standard 8 – Heath & Safety in an adult social care setting